As a Process Engineer, you will provide recommendations for changes to working methods or operation sequences to minimize risk, cost, and waste, and improve the quality and consistency of the final product. The selected Process Engineer will be trained as a tableting operator during the initial six months, before transitioning to process engineering duties and other supporting/supervisory functions. Prior leadership experience is mandatory, as operators will be reporting to the successful applicant. This opportunity is ideal for candidates who have an engineering degree, wanting to move into higher management.
We are a growing BC business and one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of nutritional supplements, dedicated to enhancing the wellbeing of our customers.
In this role you will:
- Work Wednesday to Sunday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Research the best available techniques to incorporate into the process to improve manpower requirements as well as efficiency, methods, equipment and tools to optimize the manufacturability of products
- Identify shortcomings in current processes and develop solutions to address business process issues
- Supervise, direct, prioritize and coordinate all activities related to the Manufacturing department to maintain quality and maximize productivity while minimizing cost
- Apply process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) and statistical tools to identify and implement solutions
- Identify and resolve barriers that are preventing the team from achieving their targets and support the team in overcoming the barriers
- Operate manufacturing equipment and troubleshoot equipment as required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process improvement in a high-paced manufacturing environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, theories, practices, and techniques of process engineering. Must have advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office applications, and working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Tools (e.g., 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, Visual management, etc.); Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred
You want to:
- Challenge yourself by working in a fast-paced physically demanding work environment.
- Work for a company that cares about its staff and has a meaningful mission to improve the lives and well-being of its customers.
- Be part of a company that is rapidly growing and where you can grow within the company.
- Work in a facility where safety and cleanliness are highly regarded and a regulated work environment working to procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Great healthcare benefits (including health and personal spending accounts)
- Vacation and wellness days
- Development and growth opportunities
- RRSP contribution
- Free parking on site
- Employee appreciation events
- $200 per year to spend on company products
- Employee discount pricing on company products
- Employee assistance program
- Bus pass reimbursement program
- Tuition reimbursements upon approval
- Safe work environment
- The opportunity to work with great people, the ability to influence and lead change within a company dedicated to continuous improvement
All Internal applicants will be given priority for consideration for the first five business days that this position is posted. After that five days, Internal applicants will be considered along with all other applicants; however, are guaranteed at minimum a call from the Talent Acquisition team.
- Pay Type Salary
- United Main Office, 1550 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada