Machine Operator - Day Shift
We are a growing BC business and one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of nutritional supplements, dedicated to enhancing the wellbeing of our customers. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Machine Operator for our Manufacturing Department! In this role you will be ensuring the successful set up, operation and cleaning of our high performing machines that manufacture our product.
In this role you will:
- Work Monday to Friday 6:15 am - 2:15 pm
- Clean and setup press machines, accessories and rooms
- Be responsible for conducting pre-operational checks on equipment
- Monitor the machine during operation and perform in-process checks, making adjustments as necessary
- Perform troubleshooting during production
- Perform general maintenance of machinery including care of machine parts and tooling
- Mechanical experience safely operating and setting up machines while using a diverse selection of hand tools
- The ability to demonstrate safely working in a physically demanding environment where lifting up to 50lbs is a common occurrence
- A cooperative, positive and willing attitude all while keeping good communication and behavior with co-workers and management
- A keen focus on the little things and an understanding of the importance of attention to detail. You understand that no one thing can be overlooked, and there is no such thing as sacrificing quality.
- The ability to work well on your own or co-operatively based off the needs of the business.
- Sign on bonus of $1000*
- Great healthcare benefits (including health and personal spending accounts)
- Vacation and wellness days
- Employee appreciation events
- $200 per year to spend on company products
- Employee discount pricing on company products
- Employee assistance program
- Bus pass reimbursement program
- Free parking on site
- RRSP contribution
- Tuition reimbursements upon approval
- Development and growth opportunities
- Safe work environment
- Safety boots reimbursement program
All Internal applicants will be given priority for consideration for the first five business days that this position is posted. After that five days, Internal applicants will be considered along with all other applicants; however, are guaranteed at minimum a call from the Talent Acquisition team.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- Pitt Meadows Facility (B), 19055 Airport Way, Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada