Operator 1 - Beverages
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in beautiful Caledon.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Operator 1 is responsible for site processes related to cannabis beverage production. This requires accurate completion of all associated processes and competent use of equipment. Strict adherence to batch record requirements and working in accordance to established cGMP standards is an ongoing requirement.
As an Operator 1 you will:
- Operating PET filler and canning line under the guidance of the Production Manager
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to established standards
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Cleaning equipment, tanks and work area between lots and setting up equipment for batches
- Performing general housekeeping of the production area which includes keeping all materials off the floor, returning equipment & materials to proper storage area after each lot.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to anticipate, resolve and meet production demands in real time
- Monitor processes to ensure quality and consistency
- Update all logbooks (production and safety)
- Accurately sample for lab analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
As an Operator 1 you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with machine operation in a beverage or food manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs. and perform repetitive physical work
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and be able to multi-task production duties
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Mechanically inclined with a mathematical and technical aptitude
- Knowledge of cGMP an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bolton, ON, Canada