At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the heart of vibrant downtown Toronto.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Trade Marketing, the Brand Manager is responsible for leading the creation and execution of consumer-facing brand and product strategies, and for growing our brand portfolio into an industry-leader in brand equity and market share.
As a Brand Manager you will:
- Lead the creation of annual brand marketing strategies
- Monitor the marketplace for competitive activities
- Contribute to the development and execution of a long-range innovation pipeline
- Work with the commercialization team to create new product ideas, brand and product specifications, pricing, and sell-in strategies to key customers
- Work in close collaboration with the sales and commercialization teams to create integrated commercial launch plans for new brands and products
- Manage a significant brand and trade marketing budget
- Conduct regular, strategic business reviews to analyze trends, category performance, and identify opportunity areas and present recommendations to the leadership team and trade partners
- Develop and execute winning in-store brand strategies and promotions
- Develop and execute digital and social media tactics in support of brand building strategies
- Potential to manage a direct report
As a Brand Manager you bring:
- BA in Marketing, Business or other related field; an MBA would be an asset
- 3-5 years experience in Brand Management in a CPG, Beverage Alcohol, Cannabis, or other related industry
- Experience with brand building, innovation, commercialization, trade marketing, design, cross-functional team leadership and leading external agencies to business success
- Strong sales orientation with a track record of building relationships of trust with key sales leaders to ‘get things done’
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Excellent facility with analytics and making data-based business recommendations
- Experience writing creative briefs, giving detailed and useful creative feedback and working with designers on creative projects
- Clear passion for and solid understanding of cannabis and cannabis-based products
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating process solutions in novel situations
- Expert verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 409 King St West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada