At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant will be the point of contact for internal and external administrative matters pertaining to the office of the CEO. The individual will be stepping into a very fast-paced environment in a rapidly growing company, where speed, precision, and quality are essential to the success of the business.
As an Executive Assistant you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the CEO’s role and the goals of the company to ensure tasks are completed and all deadlines are met
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and executive leadership team, department heads, internal staff and external contacts
- Pro-actively manage the CEO’s calendar with attention to accuracy, detail and allocation of time to promote productivity, manage scheduling conflicts and recognize the need to re-prioritize as appropriate
- Handle incoming calls and emails using independent judgment and discretion in determining how to resolve and respond on behalf of the CEO when appropriate
- Oversee scheduling and logistics for both on and off-site meetings
- Review documentation for format, content, grammar and spelling, making edits as necessary
- Prepare draft reports, presentations, and conduct research upon request
- Schedule and assist with running personal and work-related errands
- Track expenses and receipts and prepare regular expense reports
- Accurately record minutes from internal and external meetings
- Understand business priorities and identify process improvements
- Review, flag discrepancies and assist in gathering signatures on contracts/ agreements
- Coordinate domestic and international travel in compliance with existing policies and procedures, ensuring effective use of time and resources
- Support other Executive’s assistants when required
- Other duties as assigned
As an Executive Assistant you bring:
- 5+ years of experience supporting C-level executives in a similar role
- Post-secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, an asset
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent computer skills using the entire suite of Microsoft Office products; expert level experience in Excel, Word, and Outlook, advanced level with PowerPoint, including executive or Board-level presentation experience
- A proactive approach and the ability to think ahead and anticipate problems before they arise
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Willing to support all the various ad hoc requests that come from working in a growing company
- Proven track record in building trusted relationships internally and externally
- Ability to make impactful risk-based decisions quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- Job Family Administrative
- Pay Type Salary
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada