Inventory Counter, Cannabis (Evenings)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Inventory Control Supervisor, the Inventory Counter (referred to internally as Inventory Control Technician) is responsible for keeping inventory operations smooth and efficient in the dedicated controlled material rooms. The individual will also be responsible for tracking inventory movements, restocking materials, physically moving materials, and assisting the Inventory Control Coordinators with day-to-day tasks.
- Night Shift 4:00pm – 2:30am (Monday – Thursday)
As an Inventory Control Technician you will:
- Perform Cycle Counts on controlled and uncontrolled materials
- Aid in the investigation and reconciliation processes
- Assist shipping and receiving by weighing/counting incoming inventory, acquiring accurate incoming inventory records, and ensuring appropriate movement/storage within the facility
- Staging bill of materials for production to ensure accurate lots and amounts are being processed according to the production schedule
- Review and compare information on batch records to physical inventory to ensure accuracy of weights/amounts and label information
- Track inventory movements within the Health Canada licensed storage areas for controlled products
- Leverage WMS scan guns to track movements of controlled and uncontrolled materials throughout the respective facilities
- Assist in monthly inventory counts and reconciliation against the system generated inventory numbers
- Aid the Inventory Coordinators with the destruction of controlled and uncontrolled materials
- Be accountable for the cleanliness of the licensed storage areas through daily, weekly, and monthly cleans as per the internal standard operating procedures
- Be responsible for the organization and bin location management for all inventory storage locations
- Effectively complete controlled documents as it pertains to Inventory Control, Quality Assurance and Production
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
As an Inventory Control Technician you bring:
- 1 year experience in a related field
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
- The ability to work individually
- Highly conscientious and attentive; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Adequate analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Successful satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check required
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- Job Family Inventory
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada