Warehouse Worker, Cannabis
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Sr. Logistics Manager and under the guidance of the Logistics Technician II and Senior Logistics Technician, the Warehouse Worker (referred to internally as Logistics Technician I) is responsible for shipping, receiving, warehouse organization and documentation associated with warehouse operations. They will focus on all inbound and outbound freight; shipment of goods to our customers via ground, air and ocean; initial quality control of inbound goods; overall cleanliness and organization of the warehouse. In addition, this position will provide assistance and support to the packaging and assembly area.
- Monday - Friday, Day Shift
As a Warehosue Worker you will:
- Picking orders from stock and palletizing for ship out as per distribution center specifications
- Processing transfers in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) through the use of scan guns
- Thorough understanding of transportation and courier requirements for shipping accessories and numerous other items domestically and internationally
- Preparing all weigh bills, packing slips, quality assurance (QA) packages and other shipping documentation as required
- Preparing goods for transportation by ensuring they are safely and securely packaged and labeled
- Loading and unloading of goods from trucks and containers via forklift/pallet jack
- Inspecting and verifying incoming goods against packing slips or related documents and forwarding information on discrepancies to procurement team
- Unpacking, documenting, labeling, locating and routing goods to appropriate areas
- Restocking Min/Max levels for productions items in each production facility
- Maintaining the quarantine area for non-conforming goods and ensuring follow up for clearance is complete
- Ensuring an uninterrupted supply of consumables and/or services are available to perform all quality functions
- Communicate within logistics team to resolve discrepancies as needed
- Utilize continuous improvement mindset and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements and report any instances of unsafe working conditions
- Maintain a clean and efficient warehouse
- Build and maintain positive and professional relationships with drivers, couriers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
As a Warehouse Worker you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in shipping/receiving, logistics or warehousing an asset
- Valid Forklift certification or ability to obtain upon hire
- Cannabis industry experience considered an asset
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs and perform repetitive physical work
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong attention to detail, precision, and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Clear and definitive communications skills
- Safety conscious and highly organized
- Proven ability to responsibly drive over-sized vehicles
- Must have flexibility to work modified hours on occasion
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Logistics
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada