Since 1958, Neelands Group Limited has been a leading provider in refrigeration, HVAC and energy services. With sustainable operations, our collaboration and design of solutions adjust to the needs of customers in both commercial and industrial environments. Our facility in Ontario, Canada is home to our innovations. Whether it is through innovative designs or comprehensive service, we work towards maintaining our standards of reliability and accountability.
Neelands Group Limited is searching for a Construction Foreman to join our team at the North Carolina location. This position is regular, full-time.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Foreman will work closely with fellow install crew members in the field installing refrigeration and cold storage box equipment. Hours of work will vary by project and may include weekend and night shifts.
Your Role and Responsibilities: will vary as per the projects
· Lead construction and installation personnel with projects
· Carefully read and understand standard project blueprints
· Follow plans to install new systems and modify existing systems;
· Foresee issues ahead of time and plan accordingly;
· Teach and train apprentices proper installation practices;
· Ensure the necessary materials required for the project are on hand and readily available;
· Provide own tools for the trade; torches, vacuum pumps & refrigerant recovery units will be provided.
· Work with the crew with setting cases, piping, and installing, etc.
· Assist with organizing and clean up;
· Other duties as assigned including working with other departments;
· High school diploma or GED;
· Trade school diploma an asset;
· Excellent communication skills (read/write/speak);
· Strong mechanical aptitude an asset;
· Ability to use hand and power tools is required
· 1-2 years experience with service calls an asset;
· 3-5 years experience in refrigeration, construction installation, service preferred;
· Ability to troubleshoot systems to make operational;
· Valid driver’s license;
· Drug free employment;
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office;
· Team leader experience an asset or hands on leadership experience;
· Must have clean background check record;
· Must be reliable;
· Must be able to travel primarily within North Carolina with some overnight stays;
· Must work effectively with a team and independently.
· Must work in an organized manner with an ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
· Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment;
· Must possess a high level of commitment to customer service;
· Must possess strong attention to detail;
· Must have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;