Senior Financial Analyst
Position Term: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary Range: Min: $90,169 Max: $112,708
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
The Government of Ontario is committed to establishing a new online market for internet gaming (igaming) that is both competitive and protects consumers. iGaming OntarioTM was established in July 2021 as an agency of the Government of Ontario and a subsidiary of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) to conduct and manage internet gaming in the province when provided by private gaming operators. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of iGaming Ontario.
Are you an analytical thinker who can navigate complex situations and has a passion for financial analysis and reporting? Do you enjoy collaborating and working with others in a dynamic, team-oriented environment? If this sounds like you, iGaming Ontario (iGO) would like to hear from you.
Our Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to complete various financial planning, analysis and reporting functions including producing iGO’s financial statements, multi-year planning budgets, quarterly forecasts, internal management reports and analysis, and supporting implementation of the financial system.
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Performing financial reporting, planning, and analysis activities including financial statement preparation, completing budgets/forecasts, HST calculations, shared service charge-backs and revenue, treasury and expenditure management.
- Preparing analysis, commentary, and other materials to support the development of Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet submissions, Board of Director financial packages, Ministry report backs, etc.
- Supporting period and year-end close activities, including preparing accruals and accounting adjustments.
- Analyzing financial reports and data for operational planning and ongoing monitoring of cashflow, revenue and expenditures to identify discrepancies or concerns.
- Performing a variety of in-depth financial analyses to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Developing financial policies and leading various controllership activities and corporate projects.
- Preparing process narratives, reports, schedules and samples for external auditors.
- Supporting the ongoing administration, maintenance and oversight of core financial management systems once implemented.
- Supporting the successful configuration and implementation of various core financial management systems fundamental to iGaming Ontario’s operating model.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA accounting designation and 5+ years of relevant experience in financial reporting, planning analysis and accounting.
- Expert level knowledge of financial statement preparation and reporting (including note disclosures) financial planning and monitoring of actual figures.
- Analytical skills to compile and analyze data from a variety of sources and prepare reports/summaries.
- Knowledge of recognized research, statistical and analytical tools, and methods with the ability to formulate accurate conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Access) at the Advanced Level.
- Experience in financial system configuration, implementation, administration and oversight.
- Very good understanding of the software development life cycle and financial system technologies. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is considered an asset.
- Project management skills to lead and coordinate the configuration and implementation of financial systems, develop project plans, critical paths and assess if milestones have been met.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to advise and prepare and provide presentations, instructions, options, and reports and liaise with various corporate support groups as well as present to Senior Management.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
iGaming Ontario has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
iGaming Ontario has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Job Family iGaming Ontario
- Pay Type Salary
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada