Finance and Accounting Officer
Position Term: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary Range: Min: $60,154 Max: $70,767
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
The Government of Ontario is committed to establishing a new online market for internet gaming (igaming) that is both competitive and protects consumers. iGaming OntarioTM was established in July 2021 as an agency of the Government of Ontario and a subsidiary of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) to conduct and manage internet gaming in the province when provided by private gaming operators. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of iGaming Ontario.
The Revenue and Financial Operations team is currently seeking a Finance & Accounting Officer. Reporting to the Manager, Revenue & Financial Operations, the successful candidate will play a key role in completing various full-cycle accounting and processing activities related to revenue and treasury management, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The successful candidate will also support the development and implementation of various financial policies, processes and core financial management systems.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Support the development and implementation of various financial frameworks, policies and processes and provide sound financial advice within iGO.
- Support the configuration, implementation, testing and improvement of core financial management systems.
- Reconcile and support the entire revenue process which includes ensuring the accuracy of calculations, matching and processing payments, and completing various account and sub-ledger reconciliations within the financial system.
- Review, code, and pay various accounts payable invoices and commitments and ensures all iGO processes and internal controls are followed.
- Prepare various daily and month-end accounting journal entries, account and sub-ledger reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of iGO’s financials.
- Assist in the preparation and calculation of HST and withholding tax remittances in compliance with all government requirements.
- Complete bank account and corporate credit card reconciliations and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Assist with the monitoring, controlling and projecting of cash flows and financial reserves.
- Prepare process narratives, walkthroughs and audit samples for external auditors.
- Key contact between iGO and its financial institution for setting up bank accounts, resolving issues, and working with the bank’s Relationship Manager to implement new services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. Enrollment in the CPA program is preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in a full-cycle accounting/finance department completing various activities related to revenue and treasury management, HST remittances, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. PSAS, IFRS) and auditing standards and the ability to apply them to revenue and expense recognition and recording.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of and experience with computerized financial information systems. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and editing of financial policies, procedures, processes, flow diagrams and information.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills to compile and analyze data from a variety of sources and prepare reports/summaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and share information across organizational lines towards shared business outcomes.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) at the Intermediate to Advanced Level.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
iGaming Ontario has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
iGaming Ontario has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Job Family iGaming Ontario
- Pay Type Salary
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada