Animal Care Attendant - ACA1 - 541 - Williams Lake
709 Bond Lake Rd, Williams Lake, BC V2G 3N1, Canada Req #1523
Friday, October 8, 2021
POSITION: Animal Care Attendant – ACA1
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
LOCATION: Williams Lake & District Branch
Williams Lake, BC
CLOSING DATE: November 04th, 2021 (midnight EST)
Please make sure to include your resume and cover letter to complete your application.
Join the team! The BC SPCA Williams Lake Branch is currently recruiting for a dependable and outgoing Animal Care Attendant. This permanent and full-time opportunity includes a range of responsibilities that directly contribute to the branch's efficient and effective daily operation. The successful candidate must be available to operate during weekdays and one day of the weekend; will also cover statutory holidays - upon previous manager confirmation.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you bring energy and enthusiasm to a team environment while you will participate in all animal care duties and ensure that optimal levels of care are administered to the animals based on the Five Freedoms. You are an energetic team player, with good customer service skills. You also have as a minimum a basic knowledge of animals and animal welfare. You care deeply about animals and uphold the highest animal care standards.
What you will do:
• To maintain the entire physical plant in a clean, sanitary, and efficient manner on an ongoing basis and in a collaborative manner
• To ensure kennels, runs, and cat cages are kept in a manner that is best suited for the animal’s health and welfare as per the ShelterSense protocols
• To monitor the health and welfare of the animals through the maintenance of up-to-date kennel cards, recording information on whiteboard and daily logs, and completing daily welfare sheets
• To maintain animals on a proper diet ensuring daily feeding, watering, exercise, and enrichment
• To perform general bathing and grooming of animals
• To treat animals humanely, with compassion and concern, and in a manner consistent with the BC SPCA’s five freedoms
• To perform other duties as assigned
You will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License in good standing
• Strong desire to provide excellent customer service skills: patience, professional, positive attitude, attention to detail, adaptability
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with colleagues, customers and volunteers
• Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
• A sound knowledge of animals, their breeds, characteristics and common diseases
• Previous kennel or animal care experience will be considered an asset
• Demonstrable interest in all aspects of animal welfare
• Philosophical harmony with the mission, vision and strategic direction of the BC SPCA
• Position is physically demanding and includes heavy lifting, pushing and pulling; therefore, it will be an asset to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the role.
• Computer experience: Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• The animals in our care require attention seven days a week, must be flexible and able to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our Williams Lake team and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would like to hear from you. Click on apply now or use the link to apply: https://spca.bc.ca/about-us/careers/
We welcome diversity, value differences, and foster inclusion in our employment practices. We invite applications from all qualified individuals who are philosophically aligned with our mission and guiding principles.
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.50
- Required Education High School
This posting is inactive.
- 709 Bond Lake Rd, Williams Lake, BC V2G 3N1, Canada