Coordinator, Vancouver Capital Campaign -060- Rev Dev
Closing date: October 29th, 2021 (midnight EST)
As the Coordinator, Vancouver Capital Campaign at the BC SPCA you’ll be joining one of the most innovative and successful fundraising teams in Canada. The BC SPCA is funded by compassionate animal lovers who help us assist nearly ninety-eight thousand abused, abandoned, injured and neglected animals every year. Your work will help make all of this possible. As the Coordinator, Vancouver Capital Campaign you will ensure our upcoming capital campaign to build a new campus in Vancouver progresses with integrity, consistency and momentum.
This position is normally based out of the BC SPCA Provincial Office in Vancouver, however, adjustments to actual work location will be made based on health and safety considerations related to the pandemic. Ability to work effectively from home/off-site may be required.
What’s it like working at the BC SPCA?
The fundraising team prides itself on having created a fun, supportive and positive work culture. We are results-driven and committed to excellence through professionalism, compassion, collaboration and innovation.
What we do:
We’re passionate about helping animals live safe, healthy and loved lives, and about helping their humans too. We’re the only animal welfare organization in B.C. that has the authority to enforce laws relating to animal cruelty. And, we’re one of North America’s most progressive animal welfare organizations with evidence-based standards of care. We’re knowledge leaders.
The role of Coordinator, Vancouver Capital Campaign
• As part of the Philanthropy team, led by the Director, Philanthropy you’ll be part of the strategy development and execution of the Vancouver Capital Campaign.
• You’re responsible for supporting the Vancouver Capital Campaign including:
o Preparing research profiles and briefing notes for new prospects and current donors.
o Maintaining naming opportunities inventory with appropriate tracking and reporting.
o Collaborating with the campaign team to execute both a communications plan and a stewardship plan.
o Developing and maintaining accurate progress reports and ensuring they are readily available and appropriately shared with all stakeholders.
• You’ll be collaborating with other revenue development staff to ensure all contact with campaign donors is coordinated so as not to conflict with other operating fundraising and volunteer efforts.
• You’ll be working directly with new prospects, current donors and campaign volunteers.
• You are expected to utilize appropriate measures and metrics to evaluate the success of your program areas and provide regular reporting as required.
• You are supported and encouraged to develop and maintain relationships with industry peers and maintain a commitment to continued education, learning and innovation.
• You are responsible for other fund development duties as required.
While every day is different, a day in this role might include:
• Supporting the campaign volunteers’ administrative needs by setting up meetings, preparing materials and attending as a note taker.
• Processing gifts to the campaign and ensuring they are appropriately and seamlessly stewarded
• Planning and executing small campaign related events and cultivation opportunities
What type of person are you?
• Motivated and innovative problem-solver
• Empathetic and relation-centric (with donors, colleagues and animals!)
• Adaptable and open to change
• Philosophical harmony with the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the BC SPCA.
What skills have you developed?
• University degree in relevant discipline plus 3 – 6 years of experience in administration with specialization in fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
• You can demonstrate an understanding of big picture fundraising and how major giving fits in.
• You have some knowledge and experience of campaign best practices, trends and opportunities.
• You are a clear and persuasive communicator, both written and oral, with a keen eye for details.
• You know when something is your responsibility and when you have to escalate something. If you don’t know, you’ll ask for help.
• When you see a problem or an opportunity to make something better you bring forward solutions.
• You’re great at information gathering: determining what you’ll need, sourcing it, analyzing, distilling and reporting back.
• You are comfortable using data: establishing data points, accurate record keeping, collecting data, using data to support initiatives, and to demonstrate success, need or areas of concern.
• You know at least one CRM well and are open to learning others (we use Raisers Edge and Luminate Online).
• You have experience using a graphic design program and are open to learning others (we use Adobe and Canva).
• You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have a good sense of the tricks and processes for mail merge, formulas, styles templates, etc. (and are eager to learn when you don’t!)
• You are able to thrive in an open concept and fast-paced work environment
• Full time salaried position.
• Three weeks’ vacation plus twelve sick days.
• Competitive extended health benefits after three months.
• Employer RRSP contributions of 7.5% (with no matching requirement) after twelve months.
• Eligible for professional development after twelve months
• Positive work-place culture of collaboration, innovation and respect.
• And yes, there are dogs in the office…every single day (and sometimes other animals too!
The BC SPCA compensation structure is based on external benchmarks and regularly reviewed. Starting placement on the range for this position will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1245 E 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1R1, Canada