Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food and Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual will know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately while adapting to the needs and wants of the customer. Ensuring all customers are of age and understanding when a customer needs to be cut off are all important aspects of this position
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to complete all log sheets daily.
- Take drink orders, serve drinks, and collect the appropriate payment for the purchases.
- Required to arrange bottles and barware, washes glasses, and cleans the bar.
- May be required to serve depending on how busy the operations are.
- Required to remove empty bottles and trash and replaces empty beer kegs.
- Required to stock the bar by bringing liquor bottles, mixed drink ingredients, and other bar supplies from the storeroom to the bar.
- Required to keep inventory levels for all drinks.
- Required to determine when a customer has had too much alcohol, stop serving and ensure a safe ride home is arranged.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Required to slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a face paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Customer oriented.
- Previous bartending experience is an asset.
- You’re passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills – You’re approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- You have the following certifications: Smart Serve.
- Having your Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) will be considered an asset.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are 18+ years of age.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada