Position Title: Chicopee Hall Cashier
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food & Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This individual performs work as a cashier and handles money in a professional manner while
maintaining a high level of customer service. This position may be required to work as a cashier in both food and beverage area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Required to comply with operational procedures established for opening, daily duties and closing.
- Required to be punctual, to remain alert and report unusual occurrences.
- Required to help in other departments as needed determined by the demand of operations.
- Responsible for all register shortages.
- Provide consistent quality customer service.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Previous customer service experiences an asset.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- Having your Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) and/or Smart Serve will be considered an asset.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada