Position Title: Cook
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Supervisor, Food and Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual participates in the preparation of any and all food available for consumption as well as maintaining and following safe food handling guidelines and rules.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to complete all log sheets daily.
- Ensure and provide consistent food preparation following Chicopee food service and hospitality standards.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and those food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained daily.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality.
- Maintain product consistency by following standards and regularly conduct inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food prepared as per culinary guidelines.
- Follow all food service standards and specifications.
- Ensure that the kitchen prep area is always maintained at the highest level of cleanliness, especially during food production. (This includes any food spills are cleaned immediately, all equipment is cleaned daily, there is no buildup of grease or other stains on equipment).
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous experience cooking is an asset.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safety guidelines.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have the following certifications: Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) and Smart Serve.
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: Smart Serve.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada