Position Title: Kitchen Assistant / Dishwasher
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Manager, Food and Beverage
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual will be available to assist the kitchen staff in their daily routines. General duties will be performed to aid in the efficient and effective running of the kitchen daily.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to complete all log sheets daily.
- Required to perform basic food preparation.
- Required to ensure the kitchen and surrounding areas are clean and meet hygienic standards.
- Required to follow all food service standards and specifications.
- Ensure that the kitchen prep area is always maintained at the highest level of cleanliness, especially during food production. (This includes any food spills are cleaned immediately, all equipment is cleaned daily, there is no buildup of grease or other stains on equipment).
- Sweep or mop floors.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Wash dirty dishes, utensils, pots, pans and other cooking equipment.
- Place clean dishes, utensils or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Set-up banquet arrangements.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous kitchen experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have the following certifications: Safe Food Handling Certificate (REG 493) and Smart Serve.
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: Smart Serve.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada