Supervisor, Snow School
Position Title: Supervisor, Snow School (Seasonal)
Department: Recreation (Snow School)
Reports to: Director, Snow School
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: This individual works with the Director of the Snow School to insure both the administrative and on-hill management of Snow School services by monitoring, assembling and assigning professional instructors as required. This position requires interaction with all aspects of the customer base and requires the maintenance of a high level of customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities: This individual is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of qualified and competent instructors.
- Required to be familiar with Dayforce and Northsoft and assist with the maintenance of all data bases.
- Will assist in the development of all lesson programs.
- Required to maintain communication with all on duty Supervisors and Instructors including conducting information sessions (safety talks, staff meetings, training etc.).
- Oversees the assignment of instructors in accordance with qualifications, competence, and the need to provide balance and performance geared to best assist the student.
- Monitors performance of instructors including correcting substandard acts or conditions (i.e., disciplinary forms) and reports to the Director.
- Meets with customers to clarify any questions concerning instructor roles, performance, class assignment, transfers and obtains the feedback necessary for resolving potential problem situations or concerns, class placements etc.
- Consults with Supervisors and Instructors concerning said feedback.
- Instructs as required on private and group lessons.
- Assists with the development and implementation of pre-season and on-hill training sessions as required.
- Responsible for the set-up/tear-down of the program meeting areas.
- Evaluation of instructors based on their performance during the current season.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to train through pedagogy for the instructors.
- Project management experience is an asset
- Bilingual is an asset
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Purchase/own the red (no logo) snow pants.
- Provide your own CSA Z263.1, ASTM F2040, EN 1077, or Snell RS 98 (Health Canada standards) approved ski/snowboard helmet.
- You have the following certifications: CSIA and CASI
- Having following certification will be considered an asset: CSCF
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC), if you are 18+ years of age.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada