Position Title: Custodian
Reports to: Director of Guest Experience and Administration or their designate.
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events
Job Summary: This individual will ensure the cleaning of facilities and replenishment of all toiletries around the club. This individual will use a scheduled structure to ensure the proper techniques and procedures are followed to leave the club in top shape for guests. This position requires that all regulations established by Provincial and Federal bodies and Chicopee management are adhered to and followed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Required to complete all log sheets daily.
- Responsible for specific maintenance activities such as: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and waxing floors, removing scraps, dirt, heavy debris, and other refuse, emptying waste containers, washing windows, interior walls and ceilings, cleaning and disinfecting washrooms and fixtures, all whilst working with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for the replenishment of all toiletries in the washrooms.
- Responsible for the reporting of any broken or unusual occurrences to management.
- Required to keep all cleaning closets clean and clutter free.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset but not a requirement
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada