Position Title: Lift Operator/Attendant (Seasonal)
Reports to: Supervisor, Lift Operations
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This individual will ensure the safe transportation of individuals using the ski lifts at Chicopee. This individual will enforce the rules and regulations involved with using the lift, maintaining any daily logs, and ensuring the safe procedures are followed for loading and unloading the guests.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Responsible for performing and maintaining all safety checks, following operational procedures.
- Required to maintain snow surfaces at the loading and unloading areas.
- Responsible to remain alert and report unusual occurrences.
- Required to stop and start the lift.
- Responsible for passenger loading, unloading, ticket checking, and gate control.
- Responsible for keeping the loading and unloading areas maintained.
- Required to be punctual and wear proper clothing.
- Required to shovel and salt walkways around building.
- Required to maintain intercom communication and use radio contact for emergency use only.
- Required to complete daily logs and operating records and daily inspection forms.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are 16+ years of age.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada