Guest Services Outside Ambassador
Position Title: Guest Services Outdoor Ambassador
Department: Guest Services
Reports to: Supervisor, Guest Services
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for greeting all guests, visitors, volunteers, and employees coming onto the property. They will ensure guests have questions answered and that safety protocols are being adhered to. They will ensure guests are also properly cued for entry into the building and are directed to appropriate meeting places for on snow activity. This individual will be a brand ambassador for Chicopee and provides positive experiences to all customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Responsible for educating guests on safety protocols.
- Required to be knowledgeable of all Chicopee offerings.
- Required to perform front-line customer service, in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Previous customer service experiences an asset.
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- You are fully vaccinated (receiving two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, plus at least 14 days).
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Monday, November 22, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada