Guest Service Manager- Marriott on the Falls
Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified
entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread
across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and
Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses -
with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott,
Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey
and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start
with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people
delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- · Ensuring the smooth, efficient and professional operation of all Front Office areas.
- · Being visible as required in guest areas during high traffic times and during extraordinary events to assist Front Office Associates and to ensure smooth operations.
- · Recruiting, training and developing all Front Office Associates; reviewing staffing levels as needed to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- · Knowledge and implementation of all emergency plans and procedures.
- · Motivating and guiding the entire Front Office Team in the execution of their duties in order to maximize the efficient operation of the department; understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- · Monitoring, reviewing, updating and revising the Front Office Department standards.
- · Ensuring that all Front Office Associates are fully aware of relevant information concerning the hotel; i.e. facilities, promotions, services as well as local events and public services.
- · Providing a warm and engaging environment that reflects the Marriott service culture.
- · Ensuring that all associates adhere to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and regulations.
- · Conducting audits and controls on a regular basis.
- · Being aware of all expected VIP arrivals and departures and those already in-house, including their names, affiliation and room numbers; meeting VIP guests upon arrival and escorting them to their rooms as required.
- · Ensuring that returning guests are welcomed back to the hotel and guest preferences and special requests are communicated to all applicable departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- · Controlling costs effectively to meet budget guidelines and desired financial results; implementing control system for all controllable costs.
- · Resolving guest complaints by finding creative ways to say “Yes”; ensuring that all guests’ complaints are handled in a timely and professional manner at all times.
- · Ensuring that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all associates within the Front Office Department.
- · Ensuring that recognition programs for guests are implemented and functioning.
- · Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed; establishing challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in a Management capacity in Guest Services.
- College Diploma / University Degree preferred in Hotel, Hospitality, and Business Administration or related major.
- A collaborative team driven leader.
- Outstanding attention to detail –with personal grooming and appearance as well as properly identifying guests’ needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and public holiday
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4850.
- Job Family Front Office
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, February 1, 2022
- Marriott On The Falls, 6755 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada