Receptionist and Office Services Assistant (Toronto)
Reporting to the Vice-President, Development this role will be the face and voice of Concert and provide general administrative support to the Toronto Office team, working closely with the Office Services and Development Administrator.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answer incoming calls and address as necessary
- Greet visitors and announce them to the appropriate individuals
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Manage, track and/or distribute all incoming and outgoing documents & couriers in a timely manner
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail and courier
- Sort, open, date and distribute incoming correspondence as per specific instructions
- Manage and maintain all meeting rooms bookings, ensuring preparedness for upcoming meetings as well as take-down and/or clean-up upon completion
- Communicate service needs to Information Technology (IT), in relation to meeting and boardroom technology
- Order catering and provide refreshments for meetings / guests as required
- Maintain / organize all common areas of the office including lobby, meeting rooms, kitchen & servery
- Maintain Toronto Reception email and distribute as required
- Receive e-faxes and distribute to recipient(s) and archive as appropriate
- Control inventory relevant to the reception area and meeting rooms
- Key point of contact for all office services suppliers and vendors
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists for all supplier database
- Proof and order of all business cards
- Coordinate shredding, storage and retrieval services
- Provide support in the records management project of shredding, storage and retrieval
- Manage the basic maintenance of office equipment (changing toners, requesting service, etc.)
- Review and obtain approval for all invoices to ensure timely submission of payment
- Scan and file electronically all incoming invoices and other documents as required
- Input and track invoices from all vendors and suppliers on a regular basis for budget purposes
- Maintain a keen eye on cost-control to assist with managing overhead costs
- Provide general administration and clerical support to other departments as required
- Provide coverage and support to the Office Services and Development Administrator, when required
- College or University diploma in business administration or related discipline
- 2-4 years of previous work experience in a professional services environment
- Friendly and personable with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate initiative with assigned work
- Demonstrated superior experience and commitment to customer service
- Possess a high level of integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality
- A self-starter and a quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Punctual, reliable and professional
- Advanced organizational skills to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please note this is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this role.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Toronto, ON, Canada