Property Manager, Property Management
Reporting directly to the Director, Property Management, the Property Manager will be responsible in managing a largely residential portfolio. From overseeing building operations, undertaking budget preparation and fiscal management, and managing Site Team Members, the Property Manager is a multi-faceted leader of all operations and financial activities.
What you’ll be doing:
· Ensure that all physical aspects of the properties are maintained in an attractive condition and systems are at all times fully functional.
· Review and implement cost control and revenue improvement programs to meet budget and Concert fiscal objectives.
· Review marketing and advertising programs for the residential properties to obtain and maintain maximum inquiries for residential leasing.
· Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for all properties, analyze monthly financial reports and provide quarterly variance, forecast, and operational reports.
· Implement regular market surveys and employee shops to insure the maximum results are obtained.
· Issue purchase orders, monitor site purchasing, review and approve invoices for payment.
· Manage and supervise the work of site staff.
· Recruit, train, and provide ongoing personnel development programs.
· Perform and document staff evaluations including, but not limited to, performance reviews, corrective action reviews and termination.
· Schedule staff, review timesheets and approve vacation requests/leaves.
· Perform regular site visits to review maintenance standards and assess operational issues.
· Review monthly maintenance and site property reports for outstanding work and accurate documentation for OH&S issues and risk assessment.
· Obtain quotes for major building renovation and improvement work, commercial tenant work and contract renewals – prepare requests for approval and CCDC contracts.
· Implement, review and monitor preventative maintenance programs.
· Monitor and provide supervision and coordination for all work required at the buildings.
· Ensure compliance of all organizational procedures and governmental regulations.
Qualifications and Experience:
· 3+ years of experience in Residential Property Management.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience in leadership and coaching.
· Must be self-motivated, focused, and highly organized with the ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines.
· Strong team player who also excels at working autonomously.
· Strong and effective customer service/conflict management skills.
· Experience with Real Estate software including Yardi or similar.
· Knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Office with basic accounting and experience in preparation of budgets, review of operating statements and CAM statements.
· Strong working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Building codes, Fire Code, and Occupational Health and Safety.
· Knowledge of building systems and building maintenance programs.
· RECBC-Property Management License required.
· Post-secondary education to include a related diploma or degree program at a recognized institution.
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Vancouver, BC, Canada