Application Systems Analyst (Virtual)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reporting to the Director Enterprise Systems, the Application Systems Analyst provides guidance, support and assistance to business teams for technology related requests and supports system implementation and optimization. Working with the Business Analyst, this position functions as the main conduit to translate business requirements into system functionality.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Provide application support to the business on their enterprise applications by analyzing problems, prioritizing, and coordinating with the appropriate IT, vendor, and business resources to resolve issues.
- Analyze, test, document, and manage production application configuration details with the business including workflows and application security.
- Manage changes to security classes and associated system changes.
- Coordinate and support all relevant work for application enhancements, integration, interfaces, and report development.
- Coordinate and manage requests and resolutions with external vendors.
- Document and conduct technical testing for problems, resolutions, patches, and upgrades with IT team and vendors.
- Prepare documentation for change management processes including backup and communication plans.
- Support the business with testing and training on application resolutions and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain documentation for application systems and database environments.
- Coordinate with IT resources and complete deployment of changes to various IT environments.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new custom applications or Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) implementations.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Participate in infrastructure projects that may affect enterprise applications to assess impact and ensure operational stability.
- Collaborate and build a strong relationship with all members of the business, IT team, and vendors to create and maintain reliable and efficient application solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- Five years in an application support role and application development and systems analysis experience, including:
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom developed software.
- Ability to apply toolsets for deployment and source control management.
- Ability to document and maintain configuration and process information.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to Mercer salary data.
- For commissioned roles, an uncapped commission structure
- Participation Corporate Incentive program based on 10%+ of annual salary.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days.
- One half-Friday off per month.
- Health and dental benefits and an EAP program focused on your mental health (Headversity)
- Company paid professional development plus access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Employee recognition system – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Flexible working arrangements
We run our business based on our values and we value those who:
- Dare to be adventurous, have a fresh, outward-looking way of thinking, determined, independent, entrepreneurial, and ambitious.
- Care to do what’s right and demonstrate trust, reciprocal respect, humility, honesty, and personal responsibility in all relationships.
- Share by collaborating and working together as one team to pursue mutually beneficial relationships and better outcomes for all.
- Uncomplicate by making life easier for customers and each other and make the complex simple and straightforward for everyone.
- Deliver by aiming to be the best, leading the way in service excellence, and continuously working to innovate and improve products, services, and processes.
Firma is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Firma provides a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to Firma’s continued success.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely and pass a background check to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.