Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people in select British Columbia and Alberta areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
Packaging Machine Experience. You have experience supervising staff that operate packaging machines.
Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- As a People Leader, you will ensure machinist goals for the day are well understood and adhered to; lead the team through clear instruction, guidance and support; ensure effective training programs are in place; and manage employee feedback constructively.
- You will be accountable for ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are being achieved and help facilitate initiatives to improve KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for coordinating the execution of production plans.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOP’s and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will help conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, tidiness, and organization of the department.
What We Are Looking For
- Team leadership experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience in bagger/automation operation experience.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada