Packaging Production Team Member (Part-Time)
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
- Can Take Direction. You can follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- You will be working your shift in an area where the temperature is maintained between 6-8 degrees Celsius.
- The main activity in this department is the packaging of the ingredients produced by our Prep and Machining teams, per our different recipes specifications, into their appropriate labelled shipping bag, which is then sent to the Order Picking department.
- You will be working at a specific recipe station with all the required ingredients supplied to select and combine the recipe ingredients into a labelled shipping bag, then placed onto a tray and delivery rack for further processing.
- You will be required to work in a safe manner and to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, food-safe production facility.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
- Competitive pay, starting at $16.90/hour for part-time employees.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
- In house training for health and safety.
- Curious to learn more about what we offer? We’d love to discuss with you during your interview!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada