Materials Cleaner (Part-Time)
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a revolutionary meal kit delivery service headquartered in Vancouver, BC. We help people throughout the Greater Vancouver and Calgary areas to make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in. In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup
Who You Are
You take pride in putting in a hard day's work and value being rewarded for it. You value an organization that is doing good by its people, the planet, and building prosperity. If this sounds like you so far, below are some of the other characteristics of our current Team Members:
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
- Can Take Direction. You can follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner.
What You'll Be Doing
At Fresh Prep, every day may be different! While we are currently in “growth mode”, things are becoming more and more streamlined. This means that your first day may not look like your third or your tenth, but each day you will be doing some of the following:
- You will be working your shift in an area that is at normal room temperature.
- The main activity in this department is the hand sanitizing of returned materials we use for delivery of products to our customers.
- You could be sorting the return of materials and the recycling from our customers upon receipt from our delivery drivers.
- You may be working on our automated sanitization line on either the feed end or the removal end.
- You will be required to work in a safe manner and to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, food-safe production facility.
What We Are Looking For
Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts.
Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
What You Can Expect
Competitive pay, starting at $16.90/hour for part-time employees.
A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
Curious to learn more about what we offer? We’d love to discuss with you during your interview!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada