Materials Cleaner (Full-Time)
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver meal-kit company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in one of our two warehouses in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more.
Who You Are
You take pride in putting in a hard day's work and value being rewarded for it. You value an organization that is doing good by its people, the planet, and building prosperity. If this sounds like you so far, below are some of the other characteristics of our current Team Members:
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
- Can Take Direction. You can follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner.
What You'll Be Doing
At Fresh Prep, every day may be different! While we are currently in “growth mode”, things are becoming more and more streamlined. This means that your first day may not look like your third or your tenth, but each day you will be doing some of the following:
- You will be working your shift in an area that is at normal room temperature.
- The main activity in this department is the hand sanitizing of returned materials we use for delivery of products to our customers.
- You could be sorting the return of materials and the recycling from our customers upon receipt from our delivery drivers.
- You may be working on our automated sanitization line on either the feed end or the removal end.
- You will be required to work in a safe manner and to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, food-safe production facility.
What We Are Looking For
Previous experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
Able to stand on your feet for 8 hour shifts.
Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
What You Can Expect
Competitive pay, starting at $18.00/hour for full-time employees.
A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful full-time employment.
Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week after 90 days of successful full-time employment.
Curious to learn more about what we offer? We’d love to discuss with you during your interview!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada