Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #86
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Positive Attitude. You approach work in a cheery and optimistic way.
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
- The Sanitation Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all equipment in the assembly line after production to ensure food safety and regulatory requirements are met.
- The selected candidates will be removing parts from machines (mixers, depositors, fillers and others); taking those parts to the designated cleaning area and performing the cleaning with the help of our industrial dishwashing equipment and assembling parts back in the machinery after cleaning.
- Keep all tools in the proper storage and sanitation department storage room organized. Adhere strictly to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) outlined for working in a food processing plant.
- Report all equipment problems to the Maintenance Manager and to Supervisors to ensure equipment is operating properly each shift.
- Perform limited non-sanitation tasks as assigned to ensure the area is operational at all times and food safety procedures are followed (moving trays, properly storing food products, assisting on the production line in emergency situations).
What We Are Looking For
- The successful candidate will be required to work evening shifts from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm from Friday to Tuesday.
- Previous sanitation experience in food manufacturing, warehouse, or high-paced environment preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other cleaning agents and comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment.
- Able to stand and walk around for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Needs to be mechanically inclined and able to assemble and disassemble pieces of equipment on their own and be able to troubleshoot.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay, starting at $19.50/hour for full-time employees.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada