Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- We're seeking to hire a Plant Manager who is open to relocate to our facility Vancouver, BC
- You will be responsible for 5 key operational departments: (1) Warehouse; (2) Food Preparation; (3) Packaging; (4) Order Picking; (5) Sanitation
- As a People Leader, you will ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined; performance expectations are well understood and adhered to; mentor Supervisors and Lead Hands through clear instruction, guidance and support; ensure effective training programs are in place; and manage employee feedback constructively.
- You will be fully accountable for budget and KPI alignment as well as participate in setting annual budget and KPI targets. You will also determine and facilitate initiatives to improve year over year budget and KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the planning of all production operations, including labour scheduling, material flow synchronization, line optimization and contingency plans.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOPs and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, tidiness, and organization of the production facility.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing productivity, efficiency, and process improvement in a manufacturing setting. Food manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multiple departments, promoting key players, grooming direct reports and employee performance management.
- Automated processing, production and/or packaging line experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience considered an asset.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada