Customer Success Operations Manager
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
What We Are Looking For
We are searching for an experienced Customer Success Operations Manager to scale Fresh Prep’s Customer Success operations with best-in-class tools and processes, and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team.
You will partner with the Customer Success Supervisor and Marketing senior leadership to help define Customer Success objectives, strategy, and tactics and work cross-functionally to ensure the appropriate data flows and processes are put in place to achieve efficiency, smart customer interactions and ultimately, reduce churn. The Customer Success Operations Manager also owns the hiring plan and development of training programs and knowledge bases to ensure CS team service and product knowledge standards are met.
The Customer Success Operations Manager is a role model and leader and must solve problems, make informed decisions and help manage the department wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focused
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
What You'll Be Doing
- Define and develop processes, reporting and the technology roadmap to scale Customer Success and improve efficiency. Track leading indicators and analyze them to understand what’s going well and what’s not. Plan for major roadmap events (e.g regional expansion, service and pricing changes).
- Serve as project manager or primary point of contact for Customer Success projects to reduce friction for our customers and front-line staff and proactively solve issues. Ensure an accurate 360 degree view of the customer’s relationship with Fresh Prep through tooling and integrations.
- Work cross functionally with dispatch, operations and other relevant departments to ensure effective functioning of the Customer Success Team and delivering value to customers
- Optimize and configure existing service queues to maintain and improve existing service levels, while enabling scalability across channels and regions. Help determine the timing and content of touchpoints for Customer Success along the customer journey to drive retention, lifetime value, referrals and testimonials.
- Determine if automated email mass communication is needed when the customer is impacted and own the communication process
- Proactively manage any customer experience change or action (digital/product/other), planned or unplanned.
- Own tooling and channel implementation for Customer Success. Including but not limited to access requests, data protection etc.
- Champion the voice of the customer to stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Operations and Marketing and provide feedback, insights, and industry best practices on how to improve service and efficiency. Be the point of contact for major initiatives that impact the customer experience. Present service level and performance metrics outwards and give context to issues affecting customers.
- Own the hiring plan and development of training programs and knowledge base to ensure the Customer Success team service and product knowledge standards are met. Run the recruitment and promotion process for Customer Success. Make the final decision on the hiring of qualified applicants. Liaise with Human Resources to identify skill gaps and develop action plans to assist in staff development. Be the final escalation path for the Customer Success team.
- Ensure effective customer service is maintained by scheduling resources in an appropriate manner to respond to customer traffic volumes. Maintain effective team communication around major roadmap activities and during customer impact events.
- Coach and lead front-line employees, monitor and manage performance, set and review goals on an individual basis with CSRs, coach employees on career development.
- Own the Customer Success team budget, including tooling, operational expenses, training etc. Review and ensure appropriate efforts are made to maintain operating expenditures within budget.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
- University degree in technical or business related field
- 5+ years of experience in operations, project or product management, service design or continuous improvement, with 3+ years of direct experience in a management capacity.
- Proven track record of launching projects successfully with positive feedback from stakeholders & customers, and KPI improvement
- Possess a deep understanding of systems & processes, etc in support tooling, customer service trends, and omni-channel strategy; stays up-to-date on industry best practices
- Able to examine and re-engineer Customer Success operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies.
- High degree of curiosity, strategic thinking and collaboration
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to distill complex and/or ambiguous problems into clear, actionable plans
- Self-directed; can proactively identifying the necessary steps to move ahead with confidence
- Able to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Experience creating incentives and compensation plans.
- Ability to create and edit processes, training materials and presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity required to use a desktop computer and peripherals.
- Able to conduct presentations and meetings.
- Overtime as required.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada