Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are:
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong Communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for validating and ensuring inventory data processes are effective and data is accurate
- Ensuring budget and KPI targets are met
- Ensures cycle counts are done efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Forecast inventory shortages to ensure inventory availability in a timely manner and in full
- Setting picklist schedules so that they are synchronized with the timing of receiving and production needs
- Ensures that the Warehouse and Production teams are following FIFO rotation processes based on shelf life
- Overall organization is being met throughout the day
What We Are Looking For:
- 5 years experience supervising and managing a warehouse operation is required
- 5 years of WMS, MRP and/or ERP experience is required
- 2 years experience grooming direct reports, promoting key players, and conducting employee performance management is required
- 2 years experience liaising with purchasing, production, quality assurance and human resource departments is required
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada