Business Development Events Manager
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver’s homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it’s possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight’s Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean’s Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing
The Business Development and Events Manager, under the direction of the Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for building corporate relationships in British Columbia to drive customer acquisition and revenue. The Business Development and Events Manager works cross functionally to turn opportunities into sales and sign ups to hit targets.
This role manages existing clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business, and prospects to new businesses within service areas in BC to ensure continual opportunities for business growth. The Business Development and Events Manager also organizes and ensures the success of any in person or virtual activations such as community events and farmers markets by setting up, tearing down, hiring, training and scheduling brand ambassadors.
- Proactively reach out to new businesses and organizations in British Columbia to find ways to introduce Fresh Prep to their audiences. Research and cold call as needed to ensure continual opportunities for business growth
- Nurture key customer relationships to find opportunities and ensure ongoing satisfaction and retention
- Works cross functionally to turn opportunities into sales and sign ups to hit targets.
- Leverage social selling (LinkedIn) and create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach, and relationship management
- Organize in-market events with teams of brand ambassadors to drive sales
- Negotiate and close business deals
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Handle client objections by clarifying information, emphasizing benefits, and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Predict clients’ future needs and devise strategies and action plans to meet those needs
- Set sales targets and provide sales support to ensure targets are met
- Stay up-to-date on Fresh Prep’s product and service offerings
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Track and record activity on accounts. Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system
- Other duties as assigned
- Weekend and evenings as required
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years’ sales and or partnership experience in building co-marketing initiatives, event planning and/or campaign management.
- 3+ years managing various growth projects involving internal and external stakeholders
- Deep understanding of the business landscape in BC and can leverage your connections to open up new growth opportunities.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, economics, or a related field
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills
- Ability to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Ability to respond appropriately in high-pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Comfort with Slack, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides etc.) and other office software
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver.
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada