Shuttle Driver/Facilities Assistant
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Shuttle Driver/Facilities Assistant at Genoa, you are responsible for safe and efficient transportation of Genoa’s employees between work sites as well as executing Genoa’s day-to-day facilities-related tasks as they are assigned to you.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, when you are not performing shuttle-related duties, you spend your time assisting with the efficient delivery of activities related to facilities, as well as some employee engagement events and administrative activities. Under the direction of the Facilities Coordinator, you will work with Genoa’s various Capability Team departments to learn their needs, execute various tasks to ensure high quality delivery, and seek continuous improvements.
With strong organizational skills, you understand the importance of safety as well as attention to detail to maintain employee expectations and to maintain smooth operations daily across work sites. No detail is too small for consideration, and you are proficient at accomplishing multiple tasks.
As a Shuttle Driver/Facilities Assistant, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving the employee shuttle daily at assigned times and running errands as needed
- Receiving deliveries, stocking supplies and assisting with inventory
- Assisting with the organization of Genoa’s facilities, workspaces, and work sites with activities that may include lifting/moving furniture, cleaning and other general maintenance
- Supporting other departments with tasks such as typing, basic research, updating office materials, signage and calendars
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First– make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships– offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It– go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still– welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well– find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Certificate of Conduct
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience using Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Inventory Tracking Experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- Genoa Design International - Corporate, 15 Dundee Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada