Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Planning Manager at Genoa, you are a key leader within the Project Management Office (PMO). You will support successful project delivery through planning excellence, and support Project Leadership and Executive decision making through translation of planning data into business intelligence. You will define and be accountable to develop planning related corporate Standards, Processes & Procedures. With strong leadership skills, you will coach, mentor, and grow a team of planners supporting individual project delivery.
As Planning Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining corporate standards, procedures, and tools related to Planning
- Supporting and guiding PMO and project teams through growth into execution of larger, more complex, and increasingly concurrent projects
- Adopting and implementing planning best practices and “best in class” methods and strategies
- Mentoring, coaching and career development for team of planners
- Ensuring alignment and adherence to client and / or contractual planning and data requirements
- Supporting Project Leadership Teams (ProLT) in development and deployment of project specific planning related Processes, Procedures, and Tools
- Providing SME guidance to the Planning Team, supporting day to day planning and reporting activities
- Serve as primary interface and single point of contact between Planning and other corporate Functional Groups – in particular Finance
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy of planning across organization
- Translation of planning data into business intelligence to drive project and business decision making
- Supporting Planning Team as required providing backfill coverage, support during critical planning exercises
- Critically analyze existing planning processes, procedures and tools and lead process improvement initiatives
- Support Business Development during estimating and planning of future potential opportunities and bids
- Drive solutions to reduce eliminate any gaps in plans preventing meeting schedule
- Prepare reports for all planning activity metrics and analyze all results to recommend required improvements in performance Communicates with other managers, supervisors, and colleagues throughout project.
- Drive the required business analysis and related process for making recommendations for new or improving performance opportunities.
Responsible for management and oversight of the resource demand vs capacity process across all projects. You will flag issues, provide recommendations, and escalate as needed to ensure resourcing needs can be meet in order to support successful project delivery
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience in Planning, with a minimum 5 years in a Planning or Project Controls Management role
- Experience managing shared resources across multiple concurrent schedules
- Extensive, SME level planning experience in Primavera P6 in an Engineering or Construction environment, preferably on large, multi-year projects
- Experience interfacing internal schedules with client Integrated Master Schedules
- Experience developing corporate or project planning Processes, Procedures and Tools
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of planners and / or project controls specialists
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- PMP designation considered an asset
- Knowledge of a shipyard fabrication environment would be an asset.
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
Employee profit-sharing plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada