Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Project Planner at Genoa, You will ensure project plans, schedules and reports are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion. You will also keep the team updated on any changes and provide them with the information required to keep projects on schedule, and contribute to a positive Project Management environment that motivates performance and recognizes successes. Reporting to the Project Manager you will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders (project teams, technical leads and support staff) to ensure schedules meet project requirements, timelines and objectives.
As Project Planner, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in developing and maintaining project schedule(s) in collaboration with Project Managers and with inputs from stakeholders including Engineering, Business Development, subcontractors and clients;
- Identify and report activities that could have an impact on schedules;
- Ensure project schedule activities are assigned to the project work breakdown structure for Cost/Schedule integration and analysis;
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project team of status of critical activities and schedule risks;
- Liaise with project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities;
- Perform schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) on a periodic basis or as required;
- Provide support on development of project cost expenditure forecast curves;
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project; and
Support other project administrative duties as needed.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Minimum four years’ experience working in an engineering or construction environment as a project planner with demonstrated understanding of resource loading, schedule risk analysis and earned value management;
- Minimum three years’ experience with a project management scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking;
- Proven ability to work with a team to sustain and improve project performance;
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse groups such as customers, vendors, and officials at all levels;
- Quality focus with an attention to detail;
- Handle multiple priorities with independence and good judgment; and
Knowledge of a shipyard production environment would be an asset.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
Employee profit-sharing plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada