Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work with a growing company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an Administrative Assistant you will be the right-hand person responsible for assisting Genoa’s executive team with daily office tasks. Administrative support is key to the efficient function of a company to ensure smooth flow with tasks.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat, positive attitude. To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate and very detail oriented.
An Administrative Assistant must be comfortable with computers and general office software, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. They should always be prepared, responsive, and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others!
As an Administrative Assistant, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks and providing polite, professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
- Handling daily office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Write and distribute e-mail, correspondence memos, and letters.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings (on and off site), appointments and lunches.
- Returning phone calls and e-mails on behalf of the company and the executive team.
- Act as the point of contacts for internal contacts and external clients.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- 3 + years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Office Administration Diploma or a combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Self motivation and ability to complete the work with minimal supervision.
- High level of confidentiality is required.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT' STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada
- Genoa Design International - Corporate, 15 Dundee Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada