Document Controller - Backfill
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Document Controller at Genoa, you will be a contributing team member to the project(s) you are assigned to. Strong document control and accurate records contribute to keeping everything on track and delivering projects on time. The successful candidate would be filling in for a 14-month maternity leave position, with the possibility of extension.
We are looking for an individual who understands the importance of accuracy, efficiency, and understands that no detail is too small. The successful candidate will work closely with a diverse team of professionals and project managers. They must take direction, be able to multitask, have a strong foundation in Microsoft suite of programs, and use professional communication techniques in a variety of settings: phone, email, meetings, and facilitating learning sessions.
Primary responsibilities include managing engineering documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) and incoming and outgoing project documentation, coordination with project team members, conducting quality assurance checks to ensure document control procedures are followed, and generation of transmittals. Prior experience in Document Control in an Engineering, Design, Construction or related industry considered a strong asset.
Lastly, to be successful in this role you must have open communication and have the ability to work in a deadline driven environment!
As a Document Controller, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow established or create hierarchical filing systems including protocols on naming, working, and superseding documents.
- Responsible for receiving, monitoring, and completing all drawings and documentation in systems for the designated projects.
- Stamp, log, and check-in all drawings, specification and documentation as required by the project.
- Process project-wide document requests within SharePoint ensuring the formatting, identification, numbering, and publication of controlled and collaborative information is under document and revision control.
- File documents in accordance with recognized systems.
- Manage and maintain ledgers and document logs.
- Perform quality management control audits.
- Generation of document transmittals
- Manage the processes of documentation within the organization
- Provide training on the processes of documentation, filing and naming systems.
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive information in accordance with project, company, and client policies.
- Ensure document control function is being performed in accordance with corporate procedures and project requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Minimum 3 years of document/ record management experience and good working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint based document management software.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in an integrated project team environment.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
The successful candidate will be required to attest their vaccination status and will be required to show proof of vaccination.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada