Project Coordinator - Construction
· Assist Project Managers with various projects as required, under the direction of the Vice President, Contracts & Purchasing.
· Review contract documents for reference and familiarity.
· Establish lines of communication with all subcontractors and consultants, including coordination of required meetings.
· Assemble specifications as required and distribute to design consultants, project Superintendent and Subcontractors; prepare building permit applications.
· Coordinate trade bidding process by preparing and distributing tender documents, scope of work, drawings and layouts.
· Assist with subcontract negotiations and awards under the direction of and with the approval of the Project Manager by creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
· Issue and monitor changes to contracts and/or drawings, including:
o Expediting and receiving cost information;
o Ensuring all documents are attached and signed for all contracts;
o Issuing supplementary purchase orders under the direction of the Project Manager;
o Issuing and confirming information to all parties concerned.
· Ensure that site Superintendents are supplied with all current drawings, engineering, layouts and schedules required to maintain all current schedules.
· Attend all regular project review meetings; record and circulate meeting minutes, as required.
· Update and monitor costing and budgets with software provided to produce proper budget reports and purchase orders.
· Report any observed problems, including contract interpretation disputes, together with proposed solutions, to the Project Manager.
· Ensure proper storage of files, drawings, etc. throughout construction and at completion.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Provide appropriate contract and Subcontractor information to the Accounting department.
· Review Subcontractor invoices for accuracy and forward for approval and payment.
· Additional duties, as assigned, by the Vice President, Contracts and Purchasing.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
- Pay Type Salary
- 351 King St E, Toronto, ON M5A 2W4, Canada