Supervisor, Quality Control
Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes care and makeup products and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor, Quality Control for a permanent full-time position.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, the candidate will have the opportunity to coordinate the activities of the Quality Control Laboratory and ensure a range of operational activities.
- Workplace; 9200 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Lachine, Quebec.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Direct, motivate and supervise the work of the laboratory employees and ensure their progress.
- Plan and supervise the analysis of samples (finished products, raw materials, packaging components, stabilities, and validation samples) to meet deadlines.
- Ensure that parameters for raw and packaging material specifications, bulk products and finished products are well defined in our LIMS system, including analysis methods, according to applicable standards.
- Investigate and report on out-of-specification (OOS), out-of-trend and quality non-compliance results in conjunction with our departmental experts within established time frames.
- Ensure that the calibration system is up to date and take the necessary and preventive measures.
- Coordinate the review of procedures implemented in the laboratory.
- Oversee the validation and development of HPLC analytical methods.
- Optimize analytical methods while increasing laboratory efficiency.
- Ensure the management of the stability program.
- Enforce and comply with safety regulations and actively demonstrate leadership in promoting a quality culture.
- Support the various production departments within the company by acting as a quality decision maker.
- Participate in the hiring and performance evaluations of the technicians under his/her responsibility.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- University degree in science preferably in chemistry combined with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in personnel management.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and technical knowledge of pharmaceutical analysis, pharmaceutical processes, and quality control concepts.
- Bilingualism (French and English) oral and written.
- Strong computer skills, and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
AND IF YOU ARE
- Leadership, methodical, rigorous, and thorough.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize the activities of his/her team.
- Good judgment, analytical skills, oriented towards problem solving.
- Autonomy, initiative, sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a team environment and under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, and tact.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 9200 Chem. de la Côte-de-Liesse, Dorval, QC H8T 1A1, Canada