Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Canadian company Groupe Marcelle is a leader in the cosmetics industry. With the highest standards of quality and excellence, Groupe Marcelle develops, manufactures, and distributes care and makeup products and accessories with a portfolio of four brands: Marcelle, Lise Watier, Annabelle and CW Beggs and Sons.
At Groupe Marcelle we believe in an environment where passion can be expressed, creative minds lead to exceptional innovation, audacity and focus are a pillar of great success and acts of empowerment, collaboration and humanity are widely encouraged. Because our purpose is to “Cultivate beauty in the world”, we strive to care for you, people and the environment. We are looking for professionals who will exemplify these values and bring energy and commitment to results.
Join a company with more than 300 employees in the cosmetics field and play a key role in the organization.
Groupe Marcelle is looking for a superstar Backend Magento 2 Developer with experience in Progressive Web Apps.
- Workplace : 5600 Chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montreal, Quebec with possibilities of working from home.
- A formidable and dynamic team of professionals.
- Benefits: competitive base salary and generous benefits package (including flexible hours, medical and dental insurance, pension plan and holidays during the Holiday Season).
- Discounts offered to employees on Groupe Marcelle products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Daily tasks can consist of performance optimization, extension customization, issue investigation, custom functionality build, front-end integration, bug testing, etc.
- Follow internal Magento development code ethics and review.
- Assist Project Manager on estimating complex tasks or prospective projects.
- Assist in bug testing.
- Contribute to daily scrums.
WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience working with e-commerce applications, Magento framework is a major bonus.
- Object-oriented programming skills and design patterns.
- Strong technical skills in PHP.
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
- Ability to write (complex) SQL queries.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Bash.
- Experience with Magento 2 PWA frameworks (vue Storefront, React Storefront, PWA Studio) a strong plus.
- Experience with Angular, React, Ajax a plus.
- Experience in a previous development agency is a big plus, but not required.
- Must have experience with Git for pushing/pulling code.
- Experience with Jira and Agile methodology Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e., Scrum, Kanban).
AND IF YOU ARE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Work well under pressure.
- You are intellectually curious and a quick learner.
The task and responsibilities listed above are summaries and indicatives.
We invite interested individuals to use our online recruitment module by submitting an application to https://dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/groupemarcelle.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Groupe Marcelle wants to offer equal employment opportunities to all. It invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and persons with disabilities to apply. Groupe Marcelle is also committed to pursuing the integration of diversity and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.
The use of the masculine gender in this document refers to both men and women.
Groupe Marcelle thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- 5600 Chem. de la Côte-de-Liesse, Mont-Royal, QC H4T 4L1, Canada