PT or FT Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)- Woodstock
"I have never been prouder to tell people about my workplace. The values that Indwell represents can be felt on every level of the organization. I have been humbled by the resilience of the population we serve. The emphasis on relationships first and the use of a truly holistic approach have made this the most rewarding work I have ever been a part of."
"Where else could I practice the skills and employ the knowledge I have, in a way that is so meaningful and relational? Somewhere that an intramuscular injection demonstrates trust and relationship. Where else can I be a nurse while simultaneously being so 'human'? Somewhere my 'clients' see and respect my humanity first, and my title and credentials second. The 8hr shifts, street clothes, lack of night shifts, benefits, caring management, interdisciplinary team, autonomy, and common goal for hope and homes are just icing on this cake." "It is a unique environment to work with teammates who are so like-minded, while also bringing a diverse complement of experience and backgrounds."
- Provide direct nursing care to tenants
- Develop and monitor plans of care in collaboration with an internal and external team of community professionals and agencies
- Provide direct nursing services as required within scope of practice
- Provide health assessments, mental health and addictions assessments in collaboration with clinical staff and supports
- Monitor tenant health and engage additional services as required
- Conduct assessments and ensure consistent follow up with mental health and addictions treatment and recovery plans
- Health teaching on topics including but not limited to medications, immunization, chronic disease management, etc. Assist in motivating individuals to learn new behaviours and develop coping skills
- Support tenants’ participation in cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, educational, and social activities
- Regular monitoring of tenants within scope of practice and evaluate the effectiveness of clients’ self-care plans through regular follow up visits with tenants
- Collaborate with the tenant’s primary health provider and provide suggestions with regards to any required changes in client's treatment profile
- As a representative of a faith-based organization, recognize and promote the role of spirituality and provide support and guidance as required
- Adhere to health and safety standards
- Complete required safety checks and inspections as assigned
- Ensure continuity of care by maintaining up to date medical records and communicating with the client’s primary care provider and other service providers as required
- Complete required reports in a timely manner in accordance with policy and procedures
- Ensure information about tenant interactions are entered into the data system as required
- Supports and coordinates activities with all members of the interdisciplinary staff team
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and other agency meetings as required. 4.3 Maintain positive written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate positive relationships within the Indwell team
- Promote and demonstrate the vision, mission and values of Indwell within the workplace and the community
- Assist in the orientation and support of staff, students and volunteers
- Supervise students. Be able to act as a preceptor to nursing students
- Attend and participate in all required training
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Evidence of appropriate insurance as stipulated by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Committed to upholding and modeling the standards set out in the organization’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Code of Conduct and other operating standards and policies
- Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs
- Ability to demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and a caring attitude
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative
- Ability to problem solve and to handle crises with clear rational thinking
- Ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- A valid “G” class driver’s license
Requirement: Indwell is required to request evidence of Full Covid-19 vaccination as a health provider as per the directive of the Medical Officer of Health of Ontario.
Part time $24.04-$27.26/hour
Full time $50,000-56,700 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- 373 Blossom Park Rd, Woodstock, ON N4S 7J3, Canada