FT Addiction Support Worker (Hamilton)
FT Addiction Support Worker- Strathearne
Closing Date for Applications: November 22, 2021
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity creating affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. Founded 47 years ago, Indwell is now the fastest growing affordable housing provider in Ontario. It has expanded to provide housing supports and services to more than 700 people in Hamilton, Woodstock, Simcoe, St. Thomas and London with projects underway in additional communities. Indwell’s housing supports range from residential care facilities to clinical supports for mental health and addictions, and independent apartments with supports. Indwell is currently looking to hire an Addiction & Housing Support Worker for affordable housing and support programs in Hamilton.
Duties for this position include:
- Conducting assessments, and ensuring consistent follow up with addictions treatment and recovery plans.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals including: medication administration, apartment checks, community life events, and other supports as necessary.
- Coach and guide colleagues to support tenants in addiction focused supports and planning
- Supporting tenants in activities related to housing stability.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating programs and groups.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Indwell is required to request evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a health provider as per the Directive of the Medical Officer of Health of Ontario.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- 311 Strathearne Ave, Hamilton, ON L8H 5K8, Canada