Immigrant Services Calgary is a non for profit immigrant serving agency established in 1977. ISC's mission is to be a comprehensive settlement agency working together with immigrants and their families to make Canada home. ISC is looking for individuals who appreciate the valuable contributions immigrants make to Canada, and understand and share our values of being passionate, accountable and ethical leaders in settlement services. We believe that people come first. We are committed to quality services for a diverse Canadian community.
The role of Payroll specialist will undertake variety of tasks such ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle, including tax, benefits, garnishments, etc. are processed, reconciled, audited, and transmitted accurately and timely.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll ensuring accuracy and no errors are done.
- Create, update, and review standard operating procedures.
- Manage employees related requests within the DAYFORCE system ensuring all requests are completed accurately, timely and documented.
- Think proactively, spot opportunities and acts to contribute to process improvements.
- Calculate and develop reports of employee earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability payments, and non-taxable wages
- Preparing year-end employee tax slips or forms, and submitting government filings to meet deadlines
- Maintaining confidential information by adhering to legal and ethical standards
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure benefits and payroll services are delivered
- Monitoring and analyzing expenses against the payroll budget to help prepare cost forecasts and budgets
- Ensuring databases are set up and reflect the current employee base, including salaries, hourly wages, benefits, and pension percentages.
- Collaborate with Finance on all payroll matters
- Other tasks and projects as required.
Skills and aptitudes required:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interpersonal skill and the ability to respond efficiently in all Payroll matters with cross- functional impact such as accurate benefit information, new hire payroll and benefits setup, bonuses, loans, termination pay, system discrepancies and other project impacting payroll
- A clear understanding of payroll, benefits and taxation concepts and an ability to interpret and keep up to date in all applicable legislative requirements
- Have an “I own it” attitude about deliverables and projects from start to finish.
- Initiative to explore system capabilities, do research, and exhibit strong organization skills to prioritize multiple demands.
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal clients and external stakeholders and effectively respond to benefits and payroll inquires
- Must treat all HR , Benefits and Payroll matters with the strictest confidentiality.
- Detail‐oriented; ability to work with numbers quickly and accurately.
- Systematic in solving problems and proactive in searching for possible solutions independently
- Humble and committed to be a positive influence on people
- You take initiative and are proactive, solving problems independently
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification from Canadian Payroll Association certification (CPA) or any other relevant Payroll certification or ability to demonstrate that you are working towards a professional certification in Canada- Alberta.
- A combination of Payroll and Benefits administration degree in a related field plus more than 5 years of specific payroll experience maybe considered
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Payroll, Benefits administration in a medium size organization (of at least 100 employees), with proven end to end payroll experience is required.
- Experience with other HRMS/HRIS systems is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- High proficiency with spreadsheets, calculations and data management.
- Work experience with CERIDIAN DAYFORCE would be a strong asset.
- Some experience with case management systems
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Calgary, AB, Canada