Director of IT Services
Currently operating on five continents, the LCI Education Network has 23 higher education campuses and some 3,000 employees who train more than 17,000 students around the world every year. From one country to another, LCI Education prioritizes the harmonization of its programs, which allows for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services and a deeper respect for the various cultures it serves.
The organization’s rapid and sustained growth has created some tremendous opportunities! Here is your opportunity to join a growing global organization and leader in its industry, based in Quebec. You would be joining a dynamic, compassionate, and united team in a company whose main objective is to enable people to reach their full potential. This is your chance to shine, to grow and broaden your horizons.
The Director of IT Services is responsible for providing users with the technology and systems necessary for their daily activities, as well as ensuring the proper functioning of the technology on the various campuses. Reporting to the Vice President and CIO, he/she manages, maintains and ensures the evolution of software solutions and employee equipment. With his/her team of regional managers and technicians, he/she contributes to the delivery of technology projects associated with operations as well as classroom and online teaching. His/her main responsibilities are:
- Implements a IT services tactical plan in line with the strategic vision and consistent with the needs of the business and the various campuses;
- Manages the IT service offering and more specifically ensures the management of incidents, requests, accesses, and problems;
- Implements ITSM best practices and ensures their application by all team members;
- Maintains a technology watch on software, equipment and technologies related to pedagogy for teachers and students;
- Contributes, with his team, to the company's Cybersecurity program by piloting various projects and measures;
- Ensures constant and clear communication with all users on incidents, projects and other topics as well as through regular publications to stimulate optimal use of technologies;
- Uses industry key performance indicators to continuously assess the value and performance of services delivered by the
- Uses quality, cost and user satisfaction metrics to deliver the agreed upon level of service;
- Ensures the security, accessibility and availability of the systems and technologies under his/her control.;
- Ensures the proper functioning of systems and technologies in the different countries, makes the necessary adjustments according to the rules of best practices;
- Improves the department's processes and work methods;
- Liaise with technology suppliers to support strategic management of IT procurement of user tools (software, licenses and equipment);
- Provides a management and leadership role focused on communication, innovation and commitment within his/her team and service unit;
- Contributes to the evaluation and integration process of acquired companies as part of the company's strategic and growth plan;
- Controls the budgets and timelines of the IT services team deliverables.
In conjunction with the IT teams located in Montreal and our campuses around the world, the Director of Services will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Implementation of a 7x24 / follow-the-sun IT service desk for all employees and adapted to online teaching on Microsoft Teams;
- Deployment of standard processes and procedures;
- Develops an Active Directory based access management project; Act as a leader and promoter of the Document Management project on SharePoint and establish its parameters and management rules;
- Delivery of Dashboards and Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Manage the demand and capacity of the teams under his leadership.
- University degree equivalent to Quebec / BAC + 5
- Minimum 8 years in an IT management position - or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in implementing ITSM best practices with ITIL v3
- French and English (bilingual)
- Spanish (asset)
- Understanding and experience in implementing the ITIL v3 management framework
- Experience in managing external vendors and business agreements
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex and diverse problems
- Demonstrated ability to define and deploy a technology strategy
- Customer focused and open to change and new technologies
- Ability to collaborate with local and remote teams with structure and rigor
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relations and work as a team
- Leadership, ability to bring people together to achieve their goals
- Availability to travel internationally approximately 25% of the time.
- Main work location: Montreal, Canada
- Travel (post-Covid19 and according to Public Health rules and recommendations:
- On average 1 week per quarter, In Canada and internationally
- Valid passport required
- Job Full time
International organization established for over 60
Group insurance, including EAP and
Health and wellness program (including yoga and cooking classes
Organization located in downtown Montreal, ideal for public transportation.
Do you want to contribute to innovative projects in collaboration with teams from all sectors? Do you dream of working for a Quebec-based company with global reach? Do you want to join a diversified and human team that looks to the future? What are you waiting for?
- Job Family LCI Global
- Pay Type Salary
- 1400 Rue du Fort, Montréal, QC H3H 2T1, Canada