Data Research Analyst (temporary)
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for a Data Research Analyst for our Research and Development team! This is a temporary role until approximately May, 2023.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of nearly 100 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
We believe in a hybrid of remote and in-office work and know you'll love our downtown Vancouver office as much as we do! Our employees can work either entirely in the office, or a hybrid of both remote and in-office. Therefore, applicants must currently live in British Columbia or have plans to relocate to British Columbia.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics, the Data Research Analyst will use machine learning and data analysis techniques to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions and automate manual processes where possible.
Working with a wide range of LTSA applications, systems, and services, the Data Research Analyst will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of LTSA data, as well as the entire machine learning pipeline from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing to selecting a machine learning model and training it.
The primary duties of the Data Research Analyst are to:
- Conduct data analytics, quantitative analysis and machine learning with a focus on delivering value-added data solutions to the organization
- Create dashboards and promote data visualization collaboration with business units
- Conduct ETL across data platforms, data mining and querying
- Fulfill data requests and oversee reporting repository
- Assist in the design and maintenance of Data Warehousing / Data Mart
- Assist the Operations division in data analysis and analytics activities, both ad-hoc and on a project basis
- Discover trends in existing data relevant to business needs to improve efficiency and reduce costs and risks
- Implement new machine learning technologies after suitably evaluating and building/training them
- Assist with selection and implementation of systems that support business needs while aligning to LTSA technology standards
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics or a suitable alternative
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, either through direct work experience, education, or a combination of both
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid in Python and other machine learning languages such as R
- Proficient in Power BI and SQL
- Strong understanding of data pipelines and machine learning theory/modeling
- Understanding of business requirements, existing processes, and ideal outcomes
- Knowledge of data structures
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Vancouver, BC, Canada