Coordinator, Shared Platform
Coordinator, Shared Platform Team – Full-Time, 1-year Contract
Located in Ontario (option for remote, must have ability to work EST business hours)
Are you a highly organized and data-driven professional who is looking to put your skills towards fulfilling work in the non-profit sector? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service?
MakeWay’s Shared Platform Team is looking for a resourceful and detail-oriented Coordinator to provide grants management and database coordination. This will be a key contributing role, supporting Project Specialists in their work with a portfolio of projects on the Shared Platform and providing a high level of ongoing support for projects. You are thorough, switch tasks efficiently, and balance competing priorities with ease. You are personable, able to build relationships easily, and know when to ask your team for help.
The Shared Platform Coordinator reports to the Manager, Shared Platform Operations and is an integral member of the Shared Platform Team, working collaboratively with team members as well as with a portfolio of Shared Platform projects. When safe and approved by local health authorities, MakeWay has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Yellowknife and also provides flexibility and supports to work from home. We are open to remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
MakeWay is a national charity and public foundation with a goal to enable nature and communities to thrive together. We do this by building partnerships, providing solutions, grants, and services for the charitable sector across the country. Our Shared Platform is home to over 60 projects working on community-led solutions that further our mission. Working for the MakeWay community would provide you with the satisfaction of knowing that everything you do is a part of the important work MakeWay does. If our values align with yours and you want to learn, grow and develop within a supportive team that shares knowledge and cares, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Grants administration, including coordinating proposal documents, processing funding agreements, submitting proposals and reports, and tracking reporting deadlines
- Data management in our Salesforce CRM, including:
- Creating and maintaining a variety of records
- Managing contact lists
- Administering portal user accounts and providing basic technical support
- Working with Information Systems (IT) and Finance teams on arising database issues, such as data clean up and data migration needs
- Building and running recurring ad hoc reports
- Quality assurance and data clean up
- Manage digital record keeping in accordance with established naming, approval, and filing conventions
- Coordinate administration associated with opening and closing of shared platform projects
- General administrative support for Shared Platform projects, including acquiring insurance certificates, administering permit and license applications, drafting responses to general inquiries, and managing event registration tools
- Correspond directly with Project Directors, colleagues, and funders on proposals, reports, revenue, and other general administration
Who You Are:
- An independent self-starter: You take initiative, manage your workload, and utilize all the resources at your disposal.
- A reliable team member: Your team can count on you to be organized, calm, and effective even under demanding deadlines.
- A detail-oriented individual: You excel at tasks that require a high level of precision and you address errors and inconsistencies when you see them.
- A great communicator: In written communication, you provide clear and actionable information. You also anticipate questions and make sure people have the information they need to make decisions.
- A proactive go-getter: You bring forward ideas for improvements and provide complete follow through to make them happen.
- A highly organized planner: You have great time management and prioritization skills. You are able to plan a month or more in advance or adjust to day-of changes.
Experience You Bring:
- Two years of related work experience in one or more of the following areas: grant coordination, data entry, document management
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Outlook and Excel proficiency
- Experience working with large databases and datasets
- Excellent written and spoken business English
- Alignment with the goals and values of MakeWay
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Prior experience with Salesforce and/or PowerBI
- Prior experience with Box and Smartsheet
- Financial and numeric literacy
- Experience operating in a regulated sector, such as Canada’s charitable sector
- Ontario Non-profit experience valued
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community initiatives across the country
- Salary of $44,321 -$50,147 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package, including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks of vacation
- Flexible work environment
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
How to Apply:
In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay Share Platform team.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada