Founded in 1979, Price Steel Ltd. is a steel service center in Edmonton. With a long-serving staff of dedicated people, we have been proudly providing quality services and products to our customers for over 40 years.
People are at the core of everything we do so we put our focus on career development, promotion, and safety as a priority. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you’re in the right place! Price Steel offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive employer paid benefits package, amazing opportunities for career progression, RRSP matching program and an outstanding work environment.
We have an exciting new position of HR Manager at Price Steel Ltd. The position has been created due to retirement of one of our management team members. Price Steel Ltd. is one of a group of companies owned and operated in Edmonton.
The successful HR professional would work closely with Price Steel Ltd. operations and the Payroll department that supports the Corporate group of Companies. You will use your HR expertise in this hands-on position, by developing the HR component at Price Steel Ltd.; be a key player in the growth of our business and within the corporate group. Ideally the successful candidate will have payroll experience; provide expertise and support to the Payroll department, specifically back up to the current Payroll Manager.
- Backup for Payroll Manager position with full ability to process and run payroll in the managers absence
- Lead performance management program implementation, assist managers and supervisors where necessary, and monitor to ensure compliance and timeliness going forward
- Once up and running, provide ongoing coaching support for both managers and employees ensuring consistent approach to performance management activities
- Design and implement onboarding program, with consistent materials and training for managers or supervisors for presentation to new employees
- Design and implement salary/wage review processes, obtain executive approval, and train managers for implementation
- Monitor and implement a program for employment anniversary tracking, communication to managers and recognition initiatives
- Design and implement attendance management program along with tracking and communication to executive where necessary
- Design, manage and train for a formalized recruiting process and reference/background checks where necessary. Design ads and initiate recruitment process and initiatives
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues and conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when required
- Work closely with managers and employees to reduce risks and injuries, manage modified work agreements and active WCB claims
- Work and assist in managing disability claims
- Implement and manage a workplace certificate and training tracking system
- Develop formalized safety, incident tracking, reporting, and communication program
- Develop statistical or informational reports related to workforce in order to spur employee engagement, improved supervisor or manager staff development, feedback, communications, performance management
- Assist in development of proper employment files and documentation, and setting processes to continue with same
- Communicating changes in Employment standards or legislative changes throughout management, executive or staff as determined to be necessary
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
- Strong and well-developed social communication skills (assertive) with the ability to communicate with and train diverse types of people accurately and effectively
- Great attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proven business judgment, decision-making and leadership skills
- Confident, resourceful, and highly motivated, can work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to embrace change, continually improve processes and maintain confidentiality
- Professional attitude with exceptional organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, majoring in human resources
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior human resources role
- Knowledge of Alberta Human Rights, Employment Standards, PIPA, WCB legislation and any other relevant legislation
- Pay Type Salary
- Price Steel Ltd., 13500 156 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada