Incorporated in 1992 and wholly owned by Albertan’s, Alberta Environmental Rubber Products (AERP) is Alberta’s largest scrap tire recycling company. AERP has been converting scrap tires, using cutting edge technology, into materials that are used in everything from playgrounds, roofing products and athletic tracks. Our state-of-the-art processing plant in northwest Edmonton produces a variety of high-quality rubber products from shred to rubber crumb. We have become the industry leader through proprietary production techniques, consistently high standards and stringent quality control measures. Our innovative approach has allowed us to develop markets and sell processed material around the world.
People are at the core of everything we do so we put our focus on career development, promotion, and safety as a priority. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you’re in the right place! AERP offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive employer paid benefits package, amazing opportunities for career progression, RRSP matching program and an outstanding work environment.
To support the on-going growth of our business, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, hands on, and safety-oriented Process Operator. All applicants must have their own CSA approved steel toe work boots. This role is responsible for assisting the Supervisor as the primary coordinator for the staffing and equipment within one of the assigned production processes at AERP: Shredding, Rasping, Granulation or Milling.
The ideal candidate will be highly safety conscious, have exceptional communication skills with the ability to lead, manage, and mentor people, and present a positive “can-do” attitude!
We are looking to fill both day and night shifts for this position. The shift hours are either Monday to Thursday from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm or Monday to Thursday from 7:00 pm to 6:30 am. The starting hourly rate is $18.00 per hour. The night shift will include additional $1.25 shift premium.
Participate in team meetings with the Supervisor daily to review and coordinate: safety, product quality, staffing/HR issues, equipment readiness, and schedule and performance
Operate any equipment required to perform tasks within the assigned process (ie: forklift etc.)
Ensure safe operation of equipment and appropriate PPE compliance, ensure quality product, and ensure the use of responsible production time
Perform assigned maintenance and quality inspections
Assure accurate reporting of production information and feedback to Process Lead Hands and Supervisor
Encourage and participate in continuous improvement activities to improve safety, performance and drive annual objectives
Immediately report any concerns or issues directly to the Supervisor
Promote active safety culture by supporting HSE program and policy requirements
Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures
Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
Other assigned duties as may be required to meet operational objectives
- Exceptional judgement and communication skills, enthusiasm for constant purposeful change
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Team player with the ability to leverage diversity and create strategic relationships
- Ability to establish credibility and to lead and manage change
- Excellent listening skills and ability to follow direction
Results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to plan jobs
- Ability to recognize the environmental factors and risks that enable and support safety in the workplace
- Ability to maintain professionalism always and work with limited supervision
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to complete reports as required
- Ability to multi-task and meet objectives/deliverables
- High standards for work, meticulous, with great attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Confident, resourceful, and highly motivated
High school diploma or GED preferred
Minimum 2 years of working in a production/maintenance setting, or a related industry to rubber crumb
Willingness to be coached/trained
Education and Experience
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Alberta Environmental Rubber Products, 13520-170 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada