Incorporated in 1992 and wholly owned by Albertan’s, Alberta Environmental Rubber Products (AERP) is Alberta’s largest scrap tire recycling company. AERP has been converting scrap tires, using cutting edge technology, into materials that are used in everything from playgrounds, roofing products and athletic tracks. Our state-of-the-art processing plant in northwest Edmonton produces a variety of high-quality rubber products from shred to rubber crumb. We have become the industry leader through proprietary production techniques, consistently high standards and stringent quality control measures. Our innovative approach has allowed us to develop markets and sell processed material around the world.
People are at the core of everything we do so we put our focus on career development, promotion, and safety as a priority. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you’re in the right place! AERP offers a competitive compensation package, comprehensive employer paid benefits package, amazing opportunities for career progression, RRSP matching program and an outstanding work environment.
To support the on-going growth of our business, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and safety-oriented Scheduler/Buyer/ERP Super-User to join our team. This position will be responsible for the job planning, production scheduling and consumable material replenishment functions within a newly implemented ERP system to meet customer demands and stock inventory levels for seamless processing capabilities. The ideal candidate would have a firm understanding of production job planning, purchasing and data management within an Enterprise Resource and Planning (ERP) system tool to capable of job cost control and analysis. As a recycling company we take pride in getting value from investment and encourage rebuild/reuse strategies as part of our continuous improvement solutions. If you are detailed oriented and take pride in working within a team to build robust processes, then there is an opportunity for you to thrive within our Company!
The shift hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Monitor consumable stock levels and replenishment material purchase orders within Epicor ERP system
- Assure inventory accuracy and work with the production/maintenance teams to assure data integrity
- Proactively audit vendor pricing and seek opportunities to ensure best value for price philosophies
- Effectively utilize forecasting data to effective support budgeting and proactive planning efforts.
- Sales order review and job conversion scheduling to provide timely ATP (Available to Promise) dates for customer orders
- Prioritize, expedite, and communicate job change information with Production, Shipping and Maintenance teams
- Prepare advanced ERP Job packets for production team within the ERP system for all new jobs
- Accurately load and audit Production and Maintenance Data supporting ERP data integrity
- Engage as a proactive contributor in the development/maintenance and improvement of the AERP safety program achieving COR and fire code compliance
- Audit the production operations for safe operation of equipment, quality of materials and integrity of data
- 360-degree communications with supporting departments and Leadership team daily
- Cross train ERP system users as required to ensure depth with a robust team
Participate in all safety/incident investigations
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong people and change management skills to motivate and coach through organizational transition
- Results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to actively listen and use creativity to solve problems
- Ability to recognize the environmental factors and risks that enable and support safety in the workplace
- Ability to maintain professionalism always and work with limited supervision
- Effective computer knowledge using excel and word as well as ERP Software
- Ability to multi-task and meet objectives/deliverables
- High standards for work, meticulous, with great attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Confident, resourceful, and highly motivated
- Possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with scheduling and purchasing within a fast-paced processing/manufacturing environment.
- Post Education diploma/certification in related field preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- ERP Super User experience is a strong asset
- Production Coordination experience is a strong asset
- Document and data control experience is a strong asset
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Alberta Environmental Rubber Products, 13520-170 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada